Due to the advent of the internet, we are now in the age where technology has now brought learning to the comfort of your own home. After running our personal finance community for over a year and interacting with many Singaporeans on their various interests and gaps that need to be filled, I chanced upon this special deal for the coming Singles day special where all Udemy courses are going for only $15. That’s a big discount on the many courses which usually cost upward of $100 or more each.
An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest – Benjamin Franklin
Presenting to you, the list of 6 courses that we feel can really benefit our community member who is looking to get better at these certain fields:
1. Personal Finance: A Rewarding Money Management System
Valuable Personal Finance Strategies by Budgeting, Saving, Retirement Planning & Eliminating Debt. (Find out more)
- You’ll learn how to get out of debt.
- You’ll create a monthly budget and use the budget worksheet given in the course.
- You’ll understand retirement planning.
- You’ll understand basic investment strategies.
- You’ll understand how your credit score works.
- You’ll build your credit score from the ground up and increase it too.
Although this is a little tilted towards the US-centric market, I believe the basics are definitely still there for you to master in a simple way to understand how to get better at managing your own money.
2. The Complete Financial Analyst Course 2017
Excel, Accounting, Financial Statement Analysis, Business Analysis, Financial Math, PowerPoint: Everything is Included! (Find out more)
- Work comfortably with Microsoft Excel
- Format spreadsheets in a professional way
- Work with large amounts of data without difficulty
- Build a company’s P&L from scratch
- Build a company’s Balance Sheet from scratch
- Perform Financial Statement Analysis
- Calculate Liquidity, Solvency, Profitability, and Growth ratios in order to analyze a company’s performance
- Understand the difference between variable and fixed interest rates
- Perform industry analysis
- Understand what drives a company’s value and analyze a business
This is a classic! I believe that in today’s day and age, everyone needs to learn how to use Excel and be comfortable with it. This course brings you through the important methods to analyze a company and really break down the important ratios to understand if companies are over-valued or under-valued.
3. Ninja Writing: The Four Levels Of Writing Mastery
Turn Your Business Writing, Blogs, Books & Essays Into Masterpieces (Find out more)
- Discover how to create spellbinding writing
- Learn the secrets of editors on top newspapers and websites
- Tap into the power of the four levels: narrative, paragraphs, sentences, and words
- Make your writing stand out from peers and competitors
- Discover how to make blogs, marketing copy, and general business writing sparkle
This is another classic! With social media taking over the world, this course would really be even more essential to get you to speed to create powerful copy to express yourself. A skill which is highly valued no matter which industry you enter.
4. The Essential Guide to Entrepreneurship by Guy Kawasaki
Learn from an entrepreneur and investor how to launch a company with confidence and avoid common pitfalls (Find out more)
- An overview of the key aspects of entrepreneurship
- The most important do’s and dont’s of an entrepreneur
- Anecdotal advice based on real world examples
- An FAQ section where Guy answers questions asked by his social media audience
This course is meant for those who may be toying with the idea to step out and run your own business. Understand completely about the ropes about entrepreneurship and know that this is not a bed of roses!
5. Think Like a Leader with Brian Tracy
Change your day to day habits to become a powerful motivator and achieve leadership success (Find out more)
- Master actionable strategies for reprogramming your mindset and achieving leadership success
- Create and track manageable business goals for yourself and your organization
- Master Strategic Planning, Communication, Teamwork, Vision, and other core skills great leaders have
- Establish better working relationships with colleagues, direct reports, and diverse groups of people
I strongly believe that everyone needs to learn to be a leader in their lives. Figure out the essentials to influence those around you in a positive way and make an impact in your work and personal lives.
6. Cryptocurrency Investment Course 2017
The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Bitcoin and Altcoins on the Cryptocurrency Exchange! (Find out more)
- Identify stocks with great potential, huge gains and how to stick with it for the long-term
- Set yourself up easily on Coinbase, so you can store, buy and send Bitcoin to the exchange
- Become a member of the top Cryptocurrency Exchanges so that you can buy and sell each day!
- Know which stocks to buy for the short-term and which stocks to invest in for the long-term!
For the group who is interested to learn how to get started into investments with Cryptocurrency (note: high-risk option) then this could be something for you. Figure out more about this space and learn along the way.