We’re just two months away from 2023… time flies!
This means most people will be traveling and if you’re visiting a winter country this end of the year, it’s time to shop for winter clothes!
From stylish dressing to sub-zero weather, here’s a list of affordable winter clothes for you!
TL;DR: Winter Clothes in Singapore & How Much Do Winter Clothes Cost?
Click here to jump:
- Types of winter clothes, shoes, and accessories
- Which brands sell winter clothes and accessories and how much do they cost?
Different Types of Winter Clothes
You probably would not need to wear six layers if you’ve worn your clothes in the right way…
In fact, you just need three layers.
When it comes to dressing warmly, you need to pay attention to the inner layer, insulation layer, and outer layer.
For the uninitiated, there is some science to this way of dressing:
- Inner layer: Wear clothes that hold body heat and do not absorb moisture. For example, wool, silk, or polypropylene are better options compared to cotton
- Insulation layer: This layer helps you to retain heat by trapping air close to your body. Some examples of material are wool, goose down, or fleece
- Outer layer: This layer protects you from rain, wind, and snow, and should be tightly woven to reduce the loss of body heat. They are also preferably water and wind-resistant.
Here’s the main difference between the types of clothing, as well as the weather and temperature they are suitable for:
|Types of Winter Clothes||Layering||Temperature Range|
|Long John||Inner||-10 to -20 °C|
|Thermal Wear / Underwear||Inner||Below 18.0 °C|
|Fleece||Insulation||- 7 to 12°C|
|Wool||Insulation||10 to 15°C|
|Winter Socks||Insulation||Below 15°C|
|Cardigan||Outer||15 to 23°C|
|Down Jacket/Jacket||Outer||Below 12°C|
|Gloves or Mittens||Outer||Below 10°C|
|Sweaters / Duvet / Fur / Parka||Outer||15 to 23°C|
|Trench Coat||Outer||10 to 15°C|
Which Brand Sells Winter Clothes And How Much Do They Cost?
Undoubtedly, there are some brands that are commonly associated with winter clothing, and it’s usually… Uniqlo or Decathlon.
But, besides these two places, there are more brands for you to choose from!
Here’s a list of brands and how much their winter clothes and accessories cost:
|Types of Clothes||Winter Wear Shops||Price Range|
|Long John||Uniqlo HEATTECH Tights||$29.90|
|The North Face Tight||$69 - $99|
|Winning Thermal Wear Top & Bottom||$29.90 - $39|
|Decathlon Base Layer||$7.90 - $59.90|
|Cold Wear Thermal Wear Top & Bottom||$36 - $53|
|Trench Coat||Uniqlo Coat||$79.90 - $249.90|
|The North Face||-|
|Decathlon||$7.90 - $59.90|
|Cold Wear||$139 - $339|
|Fleece||Uniqlo||$39.90 - $79.90|
|The North Face Zip Fleece||$59|
|Decathlon QUECHUA||$9.90 - $20.90|
|Wool Top||Uniqlo||$39.90 - $149.99|
|The North Face||-|
|Cold Wear||$199 - $289|
|Down Jacket/Jacket||Uniqlo||$79.90 - $249.90|
|The North Face||$179 - $500|
|Decathlon||$54.90 - $149.90|
|Cold Wear||$299 - $369|
|Cardigan||Uniqlo||$39.90 - $79.90|
|The North Face||-|
|Decathlon||$16.90 - $63|
|Cold Wear||$59 - $79|
|Sweaters / Duvet / Fur / Parka||Uniqlo||$29.90 - $199.90|
|The North Face||$79 - $169|
|Decathlon||$18.90 - $63|
|Cold Wear||$69 - $89|
|Gloves or Mittens||Uniqlo||$19.90 - $59.90|
|The North Face||$35 - $150|
|Decathlon||$6.40 - $15.90|
|Cold Wear||$29.90 - $69|
|Winter Socks||Uniqlo HEATTECH Ribbed Socks||$7.90 - $14.90|
|The North Face||$23 - $23|
|Decathlon||$3.90 - $11.90|
|Beanie||Uniqlo||$14.90 - $29.90|
|The North Face||$19 - $48|
|Decathlon||$2.90 - $15.90|
|Cold Wear||$23 - $49|
|The North Face||$69 - $159|
|Decathlon||$59.90 - $64.90|
Use a Credit Card For Payment
- Travel Insurance Claim Guide: From Baggage Loss, Trip Cancellations to COVID-19
- The Travel Data Guide You Need For Data Roaming & Portable Wi-Fi!
- Best Travel Insurance with COVID-19 Coverage For Your Holiday Plans
- Travel Restrictions by Country, Entry Requirements & Other Travel Costs: Where Can You Travel To?
- Taiwan Reopening: Travel Restrictions, Bubble Tea, Night Markets & More