Finding the perfect gift for your Secret Santa gift exchange can be a CHORE at times.
In fact, I find it more taxing than coming out with dining options for a really indecisive date (just saying).
” Headache la sial!”
The main difficulty of choosing the perfect gift is mainly due to a few factors:
- The budget is usually small to get anything legit or luxurious.
- The gift is usually revealed in front of a group of people, which means anything too shady becomes an instant judgement of your character.
- At times, we do not even have any idea of who will be receiving the gift we are going to purchase
With Christmas just right round the corner, we decide crowd-source Seedly’s Personal Finance Community’s help on this subject matter (I know, lazy us).
Do take note of these 4 things to avoid buying during this Christmas Season before you carry on with the list.
Best Christmas Gift Ideas Below $20 For People Living In Singapore
(as contributed by Seedly’s community members)
1. Xiaomi Mi Power Bank 2- Kenneth Lou
Reliable and always in demand for everyone with a mobile phone.
2. A Box Of Durian – Sau Yee Fong
Well, it’s DURIAN!
3. Ukelele – Caleb Seah
Maybe it is about time someone picks up a new hobby.
4. 9 different items and a box from Daiso – SingPing Loh
5. Whiskey Ice Ball Mould – Ming Feng
Never knew you needed it until you receive one. Everyone deserves maximum satisfaction from their cup of whiskey.
6. Shopping or food vouchers – Sherry Sam
So that you no longer have to risk getting a gift which ends up in the trash bin.
7. A physical CD album of either Michael Jackson or Elvis Presley – Daniel Lee
No one says no to Kings.
8. Inspirational photography Postcards – Joseph Sng
9. Books according to recipient’s interests (if you know the recipient) – Steph Yeo
Knowledge is king!
10. Chocolates and cookies – Hazel Wong
11. Box of coffee beans and plastic coffee maker from Toast Box – Bill Tng
12. Journal for the new year – Zainab Dahodwala
Nothing beats kicking start the year, organised.
13. S$20 of cryptocurrency in a paper wallet – Bea Tang
Recipient of the gift might be on his way to being a millionaire.
14. A Drone – Jack Ang
A self-delivered present maybe?
15. Bakes from social enterprises such as APSN or MINDS – Xuemiao Tan
Adds an extra meaning to this season of giving.
Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies from MINDS at S$3.50
16. Personalised Pouch from Taobao – Yvette Chua
Useful, thoughtful and cheap!
17. Framed dinosaur pouches from Art Faculty by Pathlight – Grace Lim
Cute gift for a good cause.
18. Wax seal set with receiver’s initial – Wilson Tan
19. Get a jar from IKEA and fill it with yummy homecooked food – Yingkapong Karichapchai
Well, the jar from IKEA will cost you S$1.90. Use the rest of the budget on the ingredients.
20. All sorts of necessities from Watsons (eg. wet tissues, lip balm, toothpaste) – Zhuang Si’en
Probably the most practical gift ever since everyone needs them.
21. Bottles of various essential oils – Elaine Snow Chan
Recipient to receive 4-5 small bottles, each with different blend of essential oil for different purposes (eg. Headaches, stress, flu)
22. Bluetooth portable music player – Charmaine Ng
When music is life!
23. Look at Miniso for gift ideas – Kyith Ng
Miniso can be the new Daiso for Secret Santa
Cardholder from Miniso
24. Soaps from Rough Beauty – Yu Fang Chew
Handmade and at a really affordable price without compromising the quality.
Mint Rose soap at S$9.50 from Rough Beauty
25. ArtScience Museum ticket (S$17) or National Gallery Special Exhibition Ticket (S$15) – Soh Thiam Hing
Discover creativity at its best.
26. Mcdonald’s Gift Certificates – Jasmine Foo
Everybody’s childhood dream.
27. 2018 HOPE Calendars – Katherine Goh
For those who love dogs and for a good cause. Proceeds go towards HOPE Dog Rescue shelter.
submit your orders here
28. Localised Keychain from Naiise – Vanessa Ng
Might be a really good idea for your friends from abroad.
S$10.90 Ice Cream Sandwich Keychain from Naiise
29. Christmas themed cake – Nellie Lim
There is always room for dessert.
30. Nutella (with possibly customised jars), Bak Kwa marinade or chilli sauces – Angela Lim & Steph Yeo
More lasting food options, plus, nobody says no to Nutella?
Further reading: Of course, if the budget is a little higher, at S$30, do check out these 7 ideas too!