Best Holiday Programmes and Events for You and Your Kids (on a budget!)
In a blink of an eye, 2018 is almost coming to a close. It’s scary how fast time flies, but no one’s complaining because this is also the merriest season of the year.
People are relaxing a bit more and taking more time off school and work to recuperate.
Parents, here’s your chance to make it up to your children this school holidays for working so hard the whole year and acing their exams. No kids yet? (Baby bonus is looking pretty attractive these days…) These activities make great dating ideas as well – really!
|ActiveSG sports||$2 - $5|
|The Artground/Hullabaloo at Goodman Arts Centre||Free|
|People's Association||$20 - $80|
|KidzAmaze SAFRA||$8 – $20|
|Poinsettia Wishes Feat. Disney Tsum Tsum Floral Display||$8-$12 flower dome only|
|[email protected] 2018||Free|
|National Gallery Art Workshops||$20 – $30|
|Art-Science Museum||$54 for family (2 adults, 2 children)|
|Pikachu Night Parade||$1 - $5|
|Pokemon Theme Carnival @ M Malls||$20 – $30|
|Singapore Zoo Kids’ Camps||160 - $340|
|The Great Moscow Circus||$55-$155|
Disclaimer: We are NOT sponsored in any way when compiling this list of holiday activities.
Image credit: ActiveSG
December school holiday sports programmes
One of the best ways to engage kids (and the whole family) is through sports! If you still have unused ActiveSG points or looking for activities at low cost, these sports can guarantee a day of fun for the whole family, while also working up a sweat!
People’s Association (Prices vary)
School Holidays series
The Artground Hullabaloo at Goodman Arts Centre (free)
Image credit: bakchormeeboy.com
Now till 6 Jan 2019
- 4 interactive art spaces
- ticketed programmes on weekends: gardening events, art and crafts, performances.
- The Good Garden: outdoor food garden with Alice in Wonderland vibes
Address: 90 Goodman Rd, 56, Singapore 439053
Indoor and Wet Kidz Amaze SAFRA Playgrounds ($8 – $20)
Interactive playgrounds are made for children above 18 months old.
- A toddlers area: (At Kidz Amaze SAFRA Toa Payoh only)
- Lockers and shoe cubby holes
- A cosy corner for parents to relax in
- A café with tempting set meals for kids: (At Kidz Amaze SAFRA Jurong only)
- A nursing room: (At Kidz Amaze SAFRA Toa Payoh only)
- Child-sized furniture
Catered for kids of all ages.
- Kidz Amaze Safra Toa Payoh (293 Lor 6 Toa Payoh, Singapore 319387)
- Kidz Amaze Safra Jurong (333 Boon Lay Way, Singapore 649848)
- Splash @ Kidz Amaze Safra Punggol (9 Sentul Crescent, Level 3, Singapore 828654)
Poinsettia Wishes Featuring Disney Tsum Tsum Floral Display ($8-$12 flower dome only)
Image credit: Gardens By The Bay
Date: 2 November 2018 to 6 January 2019
Time: 9am – 9pm
Venue: Flower Dome
Admission: Ticket charges to Flower Dome apply.
Guided tours are available
Time: Daily at 11am and 3pm (2pm – 5pm on 10, 11, 24 – 25 Nov and 8 – 9 Dec 2018)
- Guided tours are free, but admission charge to the Flower Dome applies.
- Tours last approximately 15 minutes and are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- To participate, gather at the “ASK Me!” poster near the Flower Field. Tour will begin when a group of five or more visitors is assembled.
- Tours will not be conducted on Flower Dome closure dates.
Farm Visits (mostly free)
Image credit: TheSmartLocal
As a kid, I was lucky that my parents were adventurous enough to take us across the island to Lim Chu Kang where all the farms of Singapore operated from. If I remember correctly, I also got to milk and feed the goats! Hay Dairies is a goat farm known for it’s free and easy visits, but there are so many other farms that offer a variety of sights that will charm your kids.
Address : 3 Lim Chu Kang Lane 4, Singapore 718859
Phone : (65) 6792 0931 | Fax : (65) 6794 1580
Email : [email protected]
Farm Operating Hours (for farm visits by public):
9:00am to 4:00pm (Monday, Wednesday to Sunday)
Farm is closed on every Tuesday
Other farms to check out:
- Farmart Centre
- Jurong Frog Farm
- Bollywood Veggies
- Animal Resort
- Edible Gardens
- Quan Fa Organic Farm
Image credit: Bollywood Veggies
Shown above is one of the many delicious items on the menu of Poison Ivy cafe at Bollywood Veggies farm owned by Ivy Singh and her husband Lim Ho Seng. I can vouch for how tasty it is!
Perhaps a visit to green farms can pique your interest in urban farming – growing veggies right from your own home. Small projects may not produce enough to feed the whole family, but it sure teaches a lot of resilience and wonder to your kids!
[email protected] 2018 (free)
Image credit: Bookfest @ Singapore
Date: 14 to 23 December 2018
Time: 10am – 10pm
Venue: Suncity City Hall 401-406
Books should never grow out of fashion, at least not so soon for your kids. Take them here to experience the magic of storytelling.
National Gallery Art Workshops ($20 – $30)
Image credit: National Gallery Singapore
- Guided tours (entrance fee only)
- Playful Puppets (entrance fee only)
- Family Art Workshop: What is Minimalism?($20 per adult-child pair or $30 per adult-child trio)
- Art Explorers: Postcard Perfect (free, pre-registration required)
Art-Science Museum ($54 for family 2 adults, 2 children)
- Minimalism: Space. Light. Object
16 November 2018 to 14 April 2019
- Future World
Until 3rd March 2019
- Into the Wild: An Immersive Virtual Adventure. (free)
SITEX 2018 (free)
Date: 22 to 25 November 2018
Time: 11am – 9pm
Venue: Singapore EXPO Hall 5 & 6
First Pikachu Night Parade Outside Japan at Sentosa Singapore (Free)
Image credit: Sentosa
Island Lights and Pokemon Events
- Experience Sentosa at night with some 10 eclectic installations across Palawan Beach!
- Get up close with Pikachu in the first LED Pikachu Night Parade and Dance Show outside Japan!
- Only entrance fee to Sentosa required
Venue: Palawan Beach
Dates: 14-16 and 21-23 December 2018
Pokemon Theme Carnival @ M Malls This Christmas ($20 – $30)
Image credit: M Malls Singapore
Come to seek, explore and have a blast at the Pokémon Christmas Wonderland at AMK Hub, Jurong Point and Thomson Plaza this festive season!
Spend $20 ($30 at NTUC Fairprice / Fairprice Xtra / FairPrice Finest) in a single same day receipt to redeem a game pass to enjoy the Pokémon themed carnival games at any of the three malls!
Date: 16 November to 26 December 2018
Time: Refer to post
Venue: AMK Hub, Jurong Point and Thomson Plaza
For more information, visit Pokemon Theme Carnival @ M Malls This Christmas
The next few activities have a bit of a steeper price tag, but reviews have been great and may be worth your visit!
Singapore Zoo Camps ($160 – $340)
Image credit: Singapore Zoo
The camps organised by the Singapore Zoo makes me wish I was a kid again. Junior Zoo Keeper, and Sleeping with the Beasts?! Sign me up!
These camps are suitable for children aged 5-12. Friends of Singapore Zoo adult & child members receive 5% discount.
KidZania Sentosa ($58)
Image credit: Kidzania.com.sg
Address: Palawan Kidz City. 31 Beach View #01-01/02 Singapore 098008
The Great Moscow Circus ($55-$155)
Standard : $65 – $155
Child [3 to 12 years old]* : $55 – $135
Senior Citizen [≥60 years]: $55 – $135
Restricted View : $35 – $85
Restricted View (Child) [3 to 12 years old]* : S$55, $75
Restricted View (Senior Citizen) [60 years and above] : S$55, $75
Whether you love or hate our content... WE WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK!