The Ultimate List of Interior Designers To Avoid In Singapore
$55,000 an average cost of renovating a HDB flat
According to Consumers Association of Singapore, complaints involving contractors (renovation and interior design) take up 8% of the total complaints in the year 2017.
This percentage could have been higher given that a lot of such cases usually go unreported.
With renovation being one of the large ticket items for Singaporean couples, a trustworthy interior designing contractor is important. In the first 7 months of the year 2017, a total contract value of $8,420,000 was received over renovation complaints.
The ultimate list of interior designers to avoid in Singapore
If you are looking to get a package from any of the contractor in the list below, do think twice.
|No.||Name of Interior Designer to Avoid|
|1||3Latte Pte Ltd|
|2||Absolute Design Associates Private Limited|
|3||A-Build Construction Pte/Ltd|
|4||A'Conceptz Design & Renovation Pte Ltd|
|5||AIK LIAN ENGINEERING & TRADING PTE LTD|
|6||Alam Living Interior Design Consultant -Ms Siti Hawa Bte Othman|
|7||Am Construction Technology Pte Ltd|
|9||Apco Pte Ltd|
|10||Bayview Concepts Pte Ltd|
|11||Behome Design Concept -Ng Chun Kiat|
|12||Blink 23 Pte Ltd|
|13||Blu Pin I.D Pte Ltd - Sia Chun Yi(She JunYi)|
|14||Briggs Design Pte Ltd/ Pemplas Interior Pte Ltd|
|15||CES ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION PTE LTD|
|16||Chan Chee Seng( Zeng ZhiSheng )|
|17||Chan Yi Quian Brenden t/a Board of Designers|
|18||Chia Su Yung|
|19||Chiam Ser Ko t/a Festal Interior Reno|
|20||Chong Sen Construction Pte Ltd|
|21||Colour Centre Pte Ltd|
|22||Cozy Loft Pte Ltd|
|23||Creaction Design Pte Ltd|
|24||Creative Interior Design - Mr Tan Yong Heng|
|25||Da Vidbox Designs Pte Ltd|
|26||De Ir Pte Ltd|
|27||Décor Studio Pte Ltd|
|28||D’Concept Design Private Limited|
|29||D'Poh Interior Pte Ltd|
|30||Dream Innovatus Home|
|31||Eco Intergrated Pte Ltd|
|32||Edsel Design&Renovation Pte Ltd|
|33||Eins Construction Pte ltd|
|34||Elementz Design Studio|
|35||EL-FA Team Pte Ltd|
|36||Emmanuel Reno & Services|
|37||ER Concept Plt Ltd|
|38||Expeditious Pte Ltd|
|39||EXPEDITIOUS PTE LTD|
|40||Façade Holdings Pte Ltd|
|41||FLAUNT INTERIORS PTE LTD|
|42||Foccus Interior Pte Ltd|
|43||Focusstudio Pte Ltd|
|44||Fu Fang Ruo t/a Bizwiz Construction & Services|
|45||Genesis ID Pte Ltd|
|46||Genesis ID Pte Ltd|
|47||GS Creative Pte Ltd|
|48||Haller (Far East) Private Limited|
|49||Hauslab Design&Build Pte Ltd|
|50||Hiaxia Crystal Constrcution Pte Ltd|
|51||Hong Choon Building Construction|
|52||I1 Reno Pte Ltd|
|53||Icon D'Zigne Pte Ltd|
|54||Icon Studio P/L|
|55||IDA Construction Pte Ltd|
|56||Illusion Design & Contract Pte Ltd|
|57||In-Base Interior Design -Tan Lay Nah|
|58||Innerspace Interior Pte Ltd|
|59||Island Lifestyle Group Pte.Ltd.|
|60||J-Plan Associates Pte Ltd|
|61||J-Plan Associates Pte.Ltd.|
|62||JS Devise Private Limited|
|63||JST Creations t/a Tan Lay Hoon|
|64||K Jensen Pte Ltd|
|65||Ke Kim Ching t/a Goodrich Building and Trading|
|67||KK Workshop Pte Ltd|
|68||Koon Seng Renovation Contractor|
|69||Lau Yong Koi t/a Crystal Pool Building and Services|
|70||Lim Lee Hoon t/a Junying Design&Construction|
|71||Limmax ID Pte Ltd|
|72||Lines & Angels Private Limted|
|73||Linewerkz Pte Ltd|
|74||Luxur I.D. Pte Ltd|
|75||Markwell Design&Contract Pte Ltd|
|76||MBG INTERIOR P/L|
|77||MERIDIAN HOMES PTE LTD|
|78||MH Builders Pte Ltd - Mr Chng Chee Ann|
|79||Mr Lim Soo Tat t/a Roca Vida|
|80||Mr Teo E-Shen|
|81||Mr Yang Johnson|
|82||Mr Zulkanain Bin Amin|
|83||Mycenean Design-Profession Pte Ltd|
|84||New Age Construction&Trading Pte Ltd|
|85||Nexus Interior Pte.Ltd.|
|86||Ng Meng Teck formerly t/a Ben Design&Build|
|87||Omni Construction Pte Ltd|
|88||OP3 International Pte Ltd|
|89||Penthouse Interior&Trading Pte Ltd|
|90||PNI Homes Pte Ltd|
|91||Point Design City Development Pte.Ltd.|
|92||Point Design City Development Pte.Ltd.|
|93||Reka Bina Pte Ltd (RB Services Pte Ltd)|
|94||S.A.C (PTE) LTD|
|95||Sek Loong Trading& Construction Service Pte Ltd|
|96||Sim Wee Kiat t/a Witz Studio|
|97||Siong Lee Contractor|
|98||SJ MARBLE(S) PTE LTD|
|99||Solidform Trading - Koh Huang Sim|
|100||Studio Q Design(Pte Ltd)|
|101||Tan Meng Hua|
|102||Tan Tian Bok/Tan Tian Ci both t/a Jiamei Furnishings|
|103||Techgroup E&C Pte Ltd|
|104||The Creative Formation Pte Ltd|
|105||The Metaphysics Practice -Kua Joo Siang Raymond (Hafary as Third party)|
|106||THIAN SUNG CONSTRUCTION PTE LTD|
|107||Timlord Construction Pte.Ltd|
|108||TMG Cornerstone Pte.Ltd.|
|109||Tycoon Construction Pte Ltd|
|110||Vent Engineering Pte Ltd|
|111||Wallstreet Interior Pte Ltd|
|112||Well-Know Engineering Pte Ltd|
|113||Weng Stone Trading Pte Ltd|
|114||Workshop I.D & Build Pte Ltd|
|116||WYS Engineering & Construction P/L|
|117||YKS Builders & Engineering P/L|
|118||Zen Seng Pte Ltd|
|119||ZHENGDA CORPORATION PTE LTD|
|120||ZQ Studio Pte Ltd - Victor Yeong Kong Khuen|
|121||CONTEMPO ART OF LIVING PTE LTD AKA THE ARTMANI PTE LTD|
|122||H Klassic Pte Ltd|
Further reading: How to spot a renovation scam?
The sad part about renovation scams is the long process before it gets reported.
- A victim needs to first recognise that he has been scammed. This process usually takes up months before the realisation kicks.
- Usually, quite a huge amount of money is involved which means a troublesome process for the victim in hope of recouping his loss through various means.
By the time a scam got reported, a few other victims would have fallen for the scam by the same ” interior company”.
Types of renovation scams
There are a few common scam methods being adopted these days:
- Work not done after initial payment, with work falling short of what was promised. When victims grew anxious about the completion deadline of their home, the contractor demanded further payment.
- Interior designers falling to provide the promised service after payment.
- Provides an attractive renovation package, but materials used were not of the promised quality.
- There are also cases where interior designers disappeared after the first payment was made.
What can consumers look out for?
As mentioned in one of our interviews with 4 interior design experts, here are some things we can lookout for.
- It is important to research the credentials and history of the interior designer that you will be using, before making your first payment.
- While cheaper packages may seem attractive, it usually comes with a price. One of such is the compromising of quality of the materials used.
- It is important to set a realistic budget and educate yourself on the information on sales and promotions before heading out to search for an interior designer.
- Usually getting a quotation from a few interior designers is necessary. If a package appears too good to be true, it probably is.
- The most one should be paying is a 20% deposit at most. If the interior designer is asking for a percentage such as 50%, maybe it is time to think twice.
Guides For Every Lifestage
Seedly understands that each phase in life requires different personal finance needs and risk appetite. With that, we compiled our articles into guides to help you out.