What Is The News About:
- The Great Singapore Sale (GSS) has a new mobile app this year.
- The GoSpree app allows retailers to come up with e-coupons to be used at the physical stores during the June 9 to Aug 13 sale
- Several confirmed participants include Takashimaya, Millenia Walk, Naiise and Courts. More to be announced.
Why It Matters To Seedly Users:
- Consumer to expect attractive flash deals, e-coupons and discounts on the app when shopping, which probably means spending less.
- Traditional retail businesses are affected by competition from the e-commerce space and slowing economy. This can be seen from the drop in sales figures over the past 3 years.
- This app changes the way Great Singapore Sale operates when compared with the past. This may appeal to millennials.
Source of news: Straits Times