Bubble Tea Addicts: Which Bubble Tea Brand Is The Cheapest?
Bubble Tea is the most unhealthy drink according to nutritionists, but no one seems to care.
Grabbing a cup of Bubble Tea may seem harmless for a start.
But if the addiction kicks in and it becomes a weekly habit. This addiction is both harmful to our health, and our wallet.
TL;DR: Quitting that Bubble Tea Habit
- Sharetea is the cheapest when it comes to medium-sized bubble milk tea at $2.40 per cup.
- I Love Taimei is the cheapest for large-sized bubble milk tea at $3.40 per cup.
We all know of that one friend who is addicted to at least 1 large cup of bubble milk tea every weekend.
Here’s how much he can save if he kicks that habit (assuming an average of $3.40 per cup):
- Quits Bubble Tea for 1 week: $3.40
- Quits Bubble Tea for 1 month: $13.60
- Quits Bubble Tea for a year: $163.20
Which Bubble Tea brand is the cheapest?
For an accurate comparison, we will be compiling the price for Bubble Milk Tea with Pearl across all the bubble tea brands.
|Bubble Tea Brand||Price of Bubble Milk Tea|
|I Love Taimei||$3.40|
|R&B Tea||$3.50 (Large)|
Further Reading: Why is Bubble Tea unhealthy?
According to an article by World of Buzz, nutritionists have labelled bubble tea to be really unhealthy.
- Bubble Tea is said to be high in sugar and trans fats content.
- A cup of bubble tea with regular sweetness contains 34g of sugar (maximum human daily intake should be capped at 50g)
- Trans fat affects us by increasing the risk of getting heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes.
In another report by Men’s Health, Pearls in a cup of bubble tea can cause kidney damage. This is due to the level of maleic acid in the product.
According to Singapore’s Health Promotion Board (HPB), pearls served in a cup of bubble tea adds up to more than 100 calories.
More about the Bubble Tea Brands
Tiger Sugar (NEW IN TOWN!)
You can check out Tiger Sugar at their Facebook page!
Tiger Sugar is located at:
- 13 Stamford Road, #B2-32,
Capitol Piazza, Singapore 178905
Opening hours: Daily 11am to 10pm
You can check out Tai Gai at their Facebook page!
Tai Gai is located at:
- Address: 23 Serangoon Central, NEX,
#B2-34, Singapore 556083
Gongcha is located in 17 locations in total.
Each cup is an art.
Check out Bobii Frutti’s Facebook.
source: bobii frutii’s website
Bobii Frutii is located at:
- Suntec City
- 3155 Commonwealth Ave W
- Each-A-Cup was born in the year 1999.
Each-A-Cup has 27 outlets in Singapore.
- Originated from Taiwan with outlets in China.
- A different flavour of handmade pearls every day.
Hollin is located at:
Suntec City, East Wing
#02-605/605A (in front of Coffee Bean)
Blk 190 Toa Payoh Central
#01-538 (Opp HDB Hub)Singapore 310190
I Love Taimei
- Through extensive research, planning & training in Taiwan before initially launching in October 2009, Taimei opened its first location in Bugis
I Love Taimei is located at:
- 2 Orchard Turn
- Changi Airport T1 Transit #03-53 80 Airport Boulevard
#03-53 Terminal 1 Departure/Transit Lounge East
Singapore Changi Airport S(819642)
- Hillion Mall #B2-43 17 Petir Road,
- Ang Mo Kio Hub
- Waterway Point
- Bugis Junction
- Bugis Village
- Junction 8
- Inheriting the spirit of Taiwan 50 Lan’s founder, KOI is a market leader in Taiwan.
KOI is currently located at 48 outlets all over Singapore.
- Singapore’s home-grown tea brand
- Whether they are topped with cheese, infused with fruits or even blended with milk, LiHO ensures that people from all walks of life is able to savour LiHO’s tea at any time of any day.
Check out LiHO’s Facebook
LiHO has more than 50 outlets in Singapore.
Playmade by 丸作
- Originates from Tainan, Taiwan.
- Everything in the buddle tea is hand-made and ingredients are all-natural.
source: Playmade’s Facebook
Playmade is located at:
108 Depot Road #01-03
10 Tampines Central 1 #01-59
23 Serangoon Central
NEX Shopping Mall #04-17
2450 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8
Ang Mo Kio Mrt Station #01-04Singapore 569811
- Uses fresh fruit juices and all-natural ingredients
- Uses finest Oolong tea leaves from Taiwan’s Dong Ding Mountain
Check out R&B’s Facebook and menu
R&B Tea is located at:
- Marina Square @ Cookhouse
6 Raffles Boulevard # 04-101/102
- Toa Payoh
470 Toa Payoh Lorong 6
- Singapore Polytechnic
Foodcourt 4 AeroHub (AE106)
- Oasis Terraces
681 Punggol Dr # B1-03
- Marina Bay Sands
# B2-50 Canal Level
- Established in 1992, Sharetea started off business with to-go black tea and pearl milk tea drinks in Taipei, Taiwan.
- Drinks are made from high-quality tea leaves and selected ingredients shipped directly from Taiwan.
Sharetea is located at:
- Parkway Parade
80 Marine Parade Road, #B1-21
- Bugis Junction
200 Victoria St, #01-14A
- Northpoint (Sharetea Premium)
930 Yishun Ave 2, #B1-12 Singapore 769098
- Woodlands MRT
30 Woodlands Avenue 2, #01-26
2 Jurong East Central 1, #B1-K01
- Jurong Point
63 Jurong West Central 3, #03-53
- National University Hospital
Kent Ridge MRT, #01-14
- Uses fresh fruits in their ingredient
- Uses Four Seasons oolong tea, which is renown for its rich, smooth, sweet flavours and floral scent.
Teafolia is located at:
- 20 Tampines Central 1
- 311 New Upper Changi Road
- 1 Northpoint Drive
- Only uses natural raw sugar in their tea for healthier tea
- Raw sugar used is unbleached and free from chemical process.
woobbee is located at:
- Tanjong Pagar
1 Tanjong Pagar Plaza #01-18,
- Shaw Tower
100 Beach Road #01-53
133 New Bridge Road #02-26