Community Giveaway: How To Build A Long-Short Portfolio From Scratch?
* This is not a sponsored article. Seedly has a long-term collaboration with Shareinvestor with regards to their investor seminars which can add value to the Seedly Personal Finance Community and readers.
The long-short strategy involves taking long positions in stocks that are expected to increase in value and short positions in stocks that are expected to decrease in value.
Simply put, buying or holding onto stocks that you foresee will increase in value, and selling stocks where you do not see any potential growth in its value.
Masterclass: How to Build a Long/Short Portfolio from Scratch
Anton Kriel will be conducting a masterclass here in Singapore where you will be able to learn how to build a long-short portfolio from scratch.
Who Should Attend?
- YOU. If you are ready to take your investing knowledge to the next level;
- Season investors that would love to learn from the professionals in the business.
What Can You Expect To Learn In This Masterclass?
- Portfolio Construction Techniques
- Creeping into Size: Building portfolio from small to large profitably.
- Positive & Negative Correlation: Generate trade ideas that do not depend on each other to work
- Trade Structure Cash V Options: Taking a position in an equity vs an option position and which trade structure suits different types of trade ideas
- Portfolio Risk Return Profiles
About the Speaker – Anton Kreil
Anton Kreil was an ex-Goldman Sachs Professional Trader, who also made his fortune at Lehman Brothers and JP Morgan on Wall Street and the City of London. Retiring at age 27 just before the Global Financial Crisis.
He rose up to fame after starring in BBC’s “Million Dollar Traders” TV Programme in 2009, he is now the Managing Partner of the Institute of Trading & Portfolio Management, a global school and community of smart Retail Investors.
Anton is well known for his direct approach to teaching which he has cultivated over the last eight years in order to optimise Retail Trader performance.
- Date: 25th August 2018, Saturday
- Time: 12pm – 2pm (Masterclass)
2pm – 3pm (VIP Access – Private Q&A Session with Anton)
- Venue: Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre,
Level 3, Room 324
Seedly Community Special: Win tickets to the conference
To help Singaporeans make better financial decisions, we have decided to work with ShareInvestor as an event partner to let 2 lucky winners go for free!
Simply follow the steps below to win:
- Be in Seedly Personal Finance Community & Like ShareInvestor on Facebook
- Share this post on Facebook.
Winner to be announced on 14 August 2018. Cheers!
SEEDLY SPECIAL: Promotion
Because you guys had been such loyal readers, we have something for you all!
ShareInvestor had generously offered our readers a discount for the masterclass just by using “Seedly” as the promotional code, you get to enjoy the promotional rate of $150 (U.P. $280).
INVEST Fair Singapore 2018
At the same time, if you would like to hear more from other professionals, INVEST Fair Singapore 2018 is a two-day convention this month.
What Can You Expect?
- The Trading Zone
- SGX Pavilion
- Manulife FA Financial Clinic
- Fintech Zone
- The ASEAN Pavilion by Maybank Kim Eng
- Crypto Zone
Some Sessions That Should Pique Your Interest
Not sure about you but these lineups definitely piqued my interest,
|Acquiring a Systematic Professional Trader Process||Anton Kreil
Institute of Trading and Portfolio Management
|Boom or Bust: Signposts to Investor Returns in the Next 18 Months||Roger Montgomery
Montgomery Investment Management
|Secrets for Sustainable and Profitable Investing Through All Manner of Times||Dr. Daniel Kao
Value Investing College
|Digital Assets & Blockchain - The New Tokenized Economy for the Future||Davy Goh
|Using Technology To Get An Edge As A New Investor||Ethan Ho
Where some other speakers that you can look out for are from,
- Standard Chartered
- Nikko Asset Management
- TD Ameritrade
- And of course, ShareInvestor Academy
There are many other speakers that you should look out for, check out their website for more information on the lineups.
Personal Finance is a journey and we want to thank you for journeying on with Seedly on your road towards financial independence – if not, you can start here. If you have any personal finance related questions, feel free to pop over to our Community QnA to ask away.
Check out our blog for more unbiased opinions on your personal finance journey.