Best Family-Friendly Activities To Do During Holidays With SingapoRediscovers Vouchers
Being a parent is tough.
Firstly, we all know that raising a child is expensive.
And parenting is probably the most tiring job in the whole world.
Especially during their school holidays.
Given how we are unable to travel out of our sunny island for the time being, you might be racking your brains to think of activities that are both exciting and cost-friendly for your little ones.
Well, if you’ve yet to spend your SingapoRediscovers vouchers, you’re in luck!
If you’re a parent, you’ll be happy to know that there is a wide range of activities (which can be redeemed by these vouchers) that are suitable for families to enjoy.
If you’re hoping to spend some time as a family, here are some interesting ideas you can look at!
TL;DR: Best Kid-Friendly Activities for Families To Do During Holidays With SingapoRediscovers Vouchers
|Activity Type||Options Include||Offered By|
|Family-friendly Staycation Packages||Hotels offering family packages include:|
- Fairmont Singapore
- InterContinental Singapore
- JW Marriott Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel
- Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa
- Sofitel Singapore City Centre
- The Capitol Kempinski Hotel
|Changi Recommends, Klook, Traveloka, Trip.com|
|Farm Visits||Animal and Technology farm Family Fun Tour||Klook|
|Singapore Fun Farms Tour||Trip.com, Changi Recommends|
|Discover Singapore Countryside||Klook|
|Agriculture and Fish Farming Sustainability Tour at Jalan Lekar||Klook|
|Full-Day Goat Farm and Shopping Tour||Klook|
|Tour Experiences||Kampong Lorong Buangkok Experience||Changi Recommends, Klook, Traveloka|
|Multicultural Heritage Walking Tour||Traveloka|
|Singapore’s Disappearing Trade Tour||Klook, Trip.com|
|Singapore Battlefield Tour||Changi Recommends, Traveloka|
|Sugar, Spice & Everything Nice||Traveloka|
|Island Hopping||Singapore Southern Islands Exploration||Changi Recommends, Klook, Traveloka|
|Vanishing Tribes, Kelongs and Kampongs||Trip.com|
|Pulau Ubin Escapade||Traveloka, Trip.com|
|Outdoor Adventure||Forest Adventure Treetop Adventure||Klook|
|Sentosa Cycling Adventure (2 Hour)||Trip.com|
|Singapore Aerospace Park + Flight Simulator Fun Tour||Trip.com|
|Singapore Dolphin Discovery Program||Trip.com|
|SG Forest & Rail Track Hike||Changi Recommends|
|Indoor Playground||NERF Action Xperience||Klook|
|Splat Paint House Experience||Klook|
If you’re a parent looking to have a chill activity to unwind with your kids, one way to do so would be through staycations!
Given the hot and humid weather these days, spending some time indoors with all your meals and activities all accounted for sounds like THE dream.
The hotels seem to agree with that as well, seeing how they are introducing family-friendly staycation packages for you and your little ones to enjoy.
These packages usually include additional kids’ amenities, themed rooms, room upgrades, complimentary kid-friendly activities and more!
Some hotels would include:
- Fairmont Singapore
- InterContinental Singapore
- JW Marriott Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel
Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa
Sofitel Singapore City Centre
The Capitol Kempinski Hotel
Get to experience a luxury stay, good food, fun activities with your family all in one place.
At a discounted price.
What’s there not to love?
For the energetic, sun-loving kids out there, farm visits are a great way to expend that energy and gain new knowledge along the way!
Farms in Singapore are rapidly diminishing, which makes us treasure the surviving ones a lot more.
Lucky for us, these farms are organising tours that are family-friendly, and these tours are redeemable by SingapoRediscovers vouchers!
If you’d like your kids to appreciate the food that goes onto our plates a little better, these tours will definitely do the trick!
Get to witness the hard work of our farmers and check out the behind-the-scenes of these farms.
Some tours to check out:
- Animal and Technology farm Family Fun Tour by Klook: Learn about how the farm uses technology to assist in the farming process, resulting in improved levels of efficiency and productivity
- Singapore Fun Farms Tour by Trip.com, Changi Recommends: Visit Singapore’s first wetlands reserve, Crab Lovers Farm
- Discover Singapore Countryside by Klook: Sungei Buloh wetlands & Sembawang Hot Spring Park, largest hydroponics showcase greenhouse
- Agriculture and Fish Farming Sustainability Tour at Jalan Lekar by Klook: High-tech fish farming, sustainability methods
- Full-Day Goat Farm and Shopping Tour by Klook: Visit the only goat farm in Singapore, Hay Dairies Farm
Do you remember your learning journeys?
I know I do.
I’ve always enjoyed learning about different parts of Singapore, especially those that are well hidden at the corners of the island.
Lucky for us, there are tours that are now organised that allow us to better understand the histories and heritage of Singapore.
If you’re keen on going on such learning journeys with your children, here are some tours for you to consider:
- Kampong Lorong Buangkok Experience by Changi Recommends, Klook, Traveloka: Get an exclusive tour at Singapore’s last village, and meet the residents to understand how life was like
- Multicultural Heritage Walking Tour by Traveloka: Learn about Singapore’s multicultural heritage through temples and heritage centres
- Singapore’s Disappearing Trade Tour by Klook, Trip.com: Local kopi industry, learn to make songkok, how Chinese pray, traditional bread making
- Singapore Battlefield Tour by Changi Recommends, Traveloka: Walk into the history of Singapore during World War II
- Sugar, Spice & Everything Nice by Traveloka: Unique tour discovering the world of spices in Fort Canning
Yes, it has been over a year since we last travelled.
For families who are itching for a quick getaway, why not take this chance to explore the islands around us instead?
That’s the next best thing that we can have right now, and it’s honestly not a bad idea.
Just imagine a slower pace of life, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Interested in becoming an island explorer? Here are some packages to check out:
- Singapore Southern Islands Exploration by Changi Recommends, Klook, Traveloka: Get to cruise along the seas and learn about the southern islands
- Vanishing Tribes, Kelongs and Kampongs by Trip.com: Learn about the origin of Orang Laut and Orang Seletar, take a bumboat ride and get insights into the history of Kelongs
- Pulau Ubin Escapade by Traveloka, Trip.com: Visit Chek Jawa Wetlands, Balai Quarry, Kekek Quarry, Ketam Quarry, Puaka Hill, Butterfly Hill and Smith Marine Floating Restaurant
We all know that kids are just these bundles of energy.
And sometimes, we secretly wish that these energy levels would somehow just drain off, sending them into deep naps after and giving parents some momentary peace and quiet.
What’s one good way for that to happen?
Adrenaline-pumping outdoor activities.
If you’re hoping to get your child all excited and pumped up, why not go for an activity that will get them shrieking in excitement?
Be it going for obstacle courses, trying out a flight simulator, or trying out a Segway…
There are a couple of options for you to choose from!
- Forest Adventure Treetop Adventure by Klook: Obstacle courses and high-element activities
- Mega Adventure by Klook: Try out ziplining and trampoline at Sentosa
- Sentosa Cycling Adventure (2 Hour) by Trip.com: Different packages available, including Family Bonding – An easy route that runs on flat ground, mainly along the beach
- Singapore Gogreen Segway Fun Ride by Trip.com
- Singapore Aerospace Park + Flight Simulator Fun Tour by Trip.com, Changi Recommends, Klook: Learn more about aircraft and experience the feeling of flying an aeroplane
- Singapore Dolphin Discovery Program by Trip.com: Get an up-close interaction with dolphins and understand more about their behaviours
- SG Forest & Rail Track Hike by Changi Recommends: Explore old railway bridges and the Clementi forest trails
If you’re interested in an adrenaline-pumping activity but don’t wish to be baking under the sun, we gotcha as well!
Indoor playgrounds are here to save the day.
Get to enjoy the beauty of the aircon while still having the kids kept entertained with the different activities that are available.
Or even experiencing sub-zero temperatures, having snow fights and imagining that you and your family are overseas.
Here are some you can check out:
- NERF Action Xperience by Trip.com, Klook: Get to enjoy multiple-themed activity zones, navigate through exclusive NERF worlds and try out an obstacle course
- Splat Paint House Experience by Klook: Singapore’s only splatter paint studio using high quality, child-safe tempera paint from New Zealand
- Snow City by Klook: Get a winter experience without stepping out of Singapore, try snowtubing and making snow angels and experience Winter Shooting Arena, the latest addition
Best Kid-Friendly Activities for Families To Do During Holidays With SingapoRediscovers Vouchers
It is definitely fulfilling to be a parent.
But it’s definitely mad tiring as well.
So why not use this list for your convenience and give these activities a shot since they will be heavily subsidised by our lovely vouchers as well? 😉
Or if you’ve got any other ideas for spending these vouchers… do share them with us at Seedly!