A Singaporean's Ultimate Guide To Year End Online Shopping Deals (Black Friday Cyber Monday Sale Update)
And while that’s all part of #adulting and being fiscally responsible, I’m a strong believer that we should still allocate some budget to living a little.
As cliche as it sounds, we have to budget a little to…
As long as we’ve paid ourselves first, and are taking the steps towards financial independence or freedom. There’s absolutely no reason why you can’t treat yourself.
RESPONSIBLY, of course.
Think of it this way: saving up and making sound financial decisions is not always about saying “no”. It’s also about having the ability to say “yes” when it comes to certain purchases in life.
I mean, shopping doesn’t necessarily mean just buying stuff that you want…
It can also include stuff that you need.
Like a brand new Nintendo Switch Lite for example. That’s a gaming console that’s priced at $300 that will be going for $199.
Psst… A little bird told me that you can only get it on the ShopBack app only on 11 September 2019 from 12 midnight onwards…
Oh, and you know what else you can get on that day only?
Brand new 2019 Apple Airpods 2 for $109 (usual price $209)!
Yep. That one’s happening also on ShopBack at 5pm on 11 Sep 2019.
Okay, I kid about the above deals being ‘needs’.
But hey, if you have say… a year-end family vacation that’s coming up.
Or if you need to get:
- a new rice cooker (so that you can cook and feed yourself)
- an electric iron to press your clothes (so that you can look presentable at your job)
- a new pair of shoes as the ones you wear to the gym regularly are already disintegrating (to continue keeping fit, because as cliche as it sounds: health is wealth)
it doesn’t hurt to take advantage of the deals and cash back that you can get right?
As compared to just paying for it at the full retail price of course…
Well, fam… to help you make a smarter decision when it comes to your year-end shopping, I’ve scoured the Internet to bring you the best deals and discounts, as well as when to expect them.
So bookmark this article, mark your calendars, and take note of the following dates:
- 9 September (9.9 Sale)
- 10 October (10.10 Sale)
- 11 November (11.11 Sale or Singles’ Day)
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday (BFCM Sale)
- 12 December (12.12 Sale)
For more information about the respective sales, I’ll be updating them as soon as I find out where you can find the best deals and promos.
Disclaimer: While we are affiliated with ShopBack… we select and review products and services independently in line with our Seedly Code of Ethics.
9.9: ShopBack’s 9.9 Sale And Shopee 9.9 Super Shopping Day
When Does The 9.9 Sale Happen?
E-commerce giants like Lazada, Shopee, ShopBack, and Taobao have already started teasing customers with pre-sale options. And I highly suspect that this trend will continue for most online merchants as well.
However, the actual day is probably when you’ll see the best 9.9 deals and 9.9 promos.
9.9 Actual Day Sale: 9 September 2019 (Monday)
What’s The Significance Of 9.9 Sale?
9.9 marks the beginning of the year-end online shopping season and the company that’s leading the charge is none other than Shopee.
Like seriously, who hasn’t seen the ad with football superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo dancing to that jingle?
This is also the start of a little something called ShopFest, a year-end shopping festival of five sale events from 1 September to 12 December.
It’s an initiative by ShopBack which will also offer upsized cashback and a tonne of deals on a myriad of merchants.
If you’ve never heard of ShopBack, it’s a platform which allows users to earn up to 30% cashback every time they make an online purchase from a selection of more than 500 merchants.
Whether you’re an avid online shopper, or a kiam siap (Hokkien: stingy) person – like me – who only shops like maybe once a year for clothes, it’s arguably one of the best cashback reward programs in Singapore right now as you can even stack ShopBack’s cash back on top of whatever you earn on your cashback credit cards.
It’s the perfect accompaniment for the way I approach shopping: never buy anything for retail if I can get it on sale.
Also, I’m not gonna complain if I can get more cashback.
What Kind Of 9.9 Deals Can I Expect?
- 9.9 Big Discovery Sale On Lazada
- Up to 90% discount
- Up to $999 in vouchers
- 999 Flash Sale
- Upsized cashback on ShopBack
- Booking.com – 9% upsized cashback (6 – 10 Sep)
- FWD Insurance – Up to $99 cashback (1 – 12 Sep)
- Klook – Up to 5% upsized cashback (1 – 12 Sep)
- Lazada – 12% upsized cashback (9 Sep)
- Nike – 12% upsized cashback (9 Sep)
- Taobao – Up to 12% upsized cashback (9 Sep)
- 9.9 Super Shopping Day on Shopee
- Win up to 99,999 Shopee Coins through Shopee Shake
- Shopee Live Flash Sale
- Under $2.99 Crazy Deals
10.10: 10.10 Sale
When Does The 10.10 Sale Happen?
10.10 Actual Day Sale: 10 October 2019 (Thursday)
What’s The Significance Of 10.10 Sale?
Since many e-commerce players have seen an uplift in sales during 9.9.
It’s only a matter of time before some enterprising marketer suggests 10.10 (the next double-digit date on the calendar) as the next major year-end sales event.
A good example would be Qoo10’s 10.10 Grand Shopping Carnival!
10.10 also sees the continuation of ShopFest, where online shoppers continue to enjoy upsized cashback and a myriad of deals and discounts from every e-commerce giant you can think of – simply by clicking through ShopBack.
What Kind Of 10.10 Deals Can I Expect?
- 10.10 Grand Shopping Carnival on Qoo10
- Stand a chance to win an Apple Watch Series 5 or iPhone 11 by following Qoo10 on social media
- $10 and below deals
- Hourly epic cashback on ShopBack (10 Oct)
- 12am – 1am: iHerb (12% cashback)
- 9am – 10am: Klook (20% cashback, for first 550 orders)
- 10am – 11am: Qoo10 (10% cashback, capped at $10)
- 11am – 12pm: foodpanda (15% cashback)
- 12pm – 1pm: Quandoo ($8.50 cashback)
- 1pm – 2pm: Cathay Cineplexes (15% cashback)
- 2pm – 3pm: IRVINS Salted Egg (15% cashback)
- 3pm – 4pm: Vaniday (20% cashback)
- 4pm – 6pm: Nike (19% cashback)
- 6pm – 8pm: AccorHotels (13% cashback)
- 8pm – 10pm: lookfantastic (20% cashback)
- 10pm – 11pm: Qoo10 (10% cashback, capped at $10)
- 11pm – 12midnight: IRVINS Salted Egg (15% cashback)
- Shopee 10.10 Brands Festival
- 10% cashback with no minimum spend
- $10 flash deals daily at 10am and 10pm
11.11 Sale: Taobao’s Singles’ Day
When Does The 11.11 Sale Happen?
11.11 Actual Day Sale: 11 November 2019 (Monday)
What’s The Significance Of 11.11 Sale?
11.11 Sale or Singles’ Day is probably the year-end sale that started it all.
This online shopping extravaganza which originated in China was the brainchild of e-commerce company Alibaba, back in 2009, which has morphed into the world’s biggest online shopping event.
To give you an idea of the magnitude of this event, Alibaba set a record of more than US$30.8 billion in sales within 24 hours during 11 November 2018.
What Kind Of 11.11 Deals Can I Expect?
Pretty much EVERY online merchant or e-commerce site you can think of is running some kind of 11.11 sale.
But before you go and check every single site, do yourself a favour.
Go to ShopBack first, and click through the site to check out what kind of cashback and deals you can potentially get off your favourite brands and online shopping sites like Taobao, Zalora, Nike, Lazada and etc..
Plus they’ve got deals, discounts, and epic cashback on everything like:
- Grab $5 voucher
- 50% cashback off Cathay movie vouchers
- Nintendo Switch Lite Console for $199 (U.P. $299)
- Up to 20% cashback off Dyson products
- $100 cashback off Agoda hotel bookings, and many many more…
Trust me on this.
Just go the website or download the app and see for yourself.
Oh, and if you wait just a little bit, be sure to check out our more comprehensive guide to the 11.11 sale that’s coming out in just a bit!
Black Friday Cyber Monday Sale
When Does The BFCM Sale Happen?
Black Friday Actual Day Sale: 29 November 2019 (Friday)
Cyber Monday Actual Day Sale: 2 December 2019 (Monday)
What’s The Significance Of BFCM Sale?
Since 1952, Black Friday Cyber Monday has been regarded as the beginning of the U.S. Christmas shopping season.
And while BFCM does not see the insane numbers put up by the Alibaba Group on 11.11, Black Friday accounts for US$6.22billion in online sales while Cyber Monday saw US$7.9 billion spent online in 2018.
That’s about US$12billion in total, which is quite respectable.
Unlike in the States where major retailers open really early or even stay open overnight to offer Black Friday sales, our BFCM experience is largely confined online. But hey, if you’re looking to score some tech at a low price, then BFCM might probably be the best time to do so.
What Kind Of BFCM Deals Can I Expect?
12.12: 12.12 Sale
When Does The 12.12 Sale Happen?
12.12 Actual Day Sale: 12 December 2019 (Thursday)
What’s The Significance Of 12.12?
What Kind Of 12.12 Deals Can I Expect?