Best 9.9 Sales Compilation: A Singaporean's Ultimate Guide To Year End Online Shopping Deals
Here at Seedly, we’re all about spending within our means in order to achieve our financial goals.
And while that’s all part of #adulting and being fiscally responsible, I’m a strong believer that we should still allocate some budget to living a little.
As cliche as it sounds, we have to budget a little to…
As long as we’ve paid ourselves first, and are taking the steps towards financial independence or freedom.
There’s absolutely no reason why you can’t treat yourself.
RESPONSIBLY, of course.
I mean, shopping doesn’t necessarily mean just buying stuff that you want…
It can also include stuff that you need.
Like a brand new Omnidesk for example.
Yes, THE Omnidesk that can help elevate your WFH experience.
Okay, I kid about the Omnidesk being a ‘need’.
But hey, if you have say… a year-end family staycation that’s coming up.
Or if you need to get:
- a new rice cooker (so that you can cook and feed yourself)
- an electric iron to press your clothes (so that you can look presentable at your job)
- a new pair of shoes as the ones you wear to the gym regularly are already disintegrating (to continue keeping fit, because as cliche as it sounds: health is wealth)
it doesn’t hurt to take advantage of the deals and cashback that you can get right?
Well, fam… to help you make a smarter decision when it comes to your year-end shopping, I’ve scoured the Internet to bring you the best deals and discounts, as well as when to expect them.
So bookmark this article, mark your calendars, and take note of the following dates:
- 9 September (9.9 Sale)
- 10 October (10.10 Sale)
- 11 November (11.11 Sale or Singles’ Day)
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday (BFCM Sale)
- 12 December (12.12 Sale)
For more information about the respective sales, I’ll be updating them as soon as I find out where you can find the best deals and promos.
Disclaimer: None of these is sponsored. We just love sharing great deals!
TL;DR: 9.9 Sales 2021: Best Deals & Discounts to Expect
When Does The 9.9 Sale Happen?
E-commerce giants like Lazada, Shopee, and ShopBack have already started teasing customers with pre-sale options.
However, the actual day is probably when you’ll see the best 9.9 deals and 9.9 promos.
9.9 Actual Day Sale: 9 September 2021 (Thursday)
What’s The Significance Of 9.9 Sale?
The 9.9 sale is usually the start of the string of year-end sales, marking the start of our year-end shopping spree.
If you’re looking for appliances or IT gadgets, Courts will be running their 9.9 Double Day Sale!
Get to enjoy discounted home entertainment, home appliances, IT gadgets and furniture and bedding.
What Courts 9.9 Deals & Promotions To Look Out For
- 20% off sitewide (with no min. spend), with promo code “SUPER99”. Terms and conditions apply
- Online exclusive discounted products, limited sets available. Including Airpods Pro, Xiaomi Air Purifier Pro, Ninja Air Fryer, Nintendo Switch Console Gen 2 Asia Edition, Toshiba Top Load Washer (9kg) etc.
- Surprise Boxes: Energizer IT Gadgets Box for $29 (worth $69.80), Cornell Easy Cooking Box for $89 (worth $222), Tefal Cookware Box at $99 (worth $192.70), Huawei Workout Kit at $119 (worth $196), Mayer Kitchenware Box at $149 (worth $498), Xiaomi Health Box at $159 (worth $246), and more
- 09.09 Star Buys
- 09.09 Monitor deals
Are you someone who gets excited over grocery shopping?
I know I do.
Besides looking for the best credit card to use for my groceries, I love it when my favourite buys go on discount.
This year, Fairprice is joining the 9.9 Sale with its own promotions and deals.
What Fairprice 9.9 Deals & Promotions To Look Out For
- 100g of Famous Cookies at $1 (U.P. $5.80): Use promo code ‘COOKIES’ on Fairprice Online to receive a Famous Amos voucher. The voucher will be emailed to your registered email by 15 Sep 2021. 1,000 redemptions only, 2 to 9 Sep 2021.
- $9 off $120 every day at 9am and 9pm till 9 Sep 2021 (Fairprice Online)
- Deals up to 50% off
- Selected items at $9
- Pet items discounts
If you’re a fan of Crash Landing on You, you would’ve spotted Hyun Bin’s smooth operation on the TV recently, with parachutes descending and dropping Lazada packages from the skies.
Lazada will be running its inaugural 9.9 Biggest Brands Sale, which will feature storewide flash sales, lucky draws and hourly giveaways.
What Lazada 9.9 Deals & Promotions To Look Out For
|Lazada 9.9 Sale||Period|
- Collect daily and redeem on 9 Sep 2021
- First 999 (6pm, everyday) gets a bonus $5 off every $50
|1 to 8 Sep 2021|
- Up to $30 off
|1 to 9 Sep 2021|
|$9 and 9% vouchers||Collect from 1 to 9 Sep 2021, to be used on 9 Sep|
|Stack and save with vouchers|
- Stackable vouchers include Lazada Bonus, Free Shipping Voucher, Bank Voucher, Lazada Voucher, Store Voucher
|Collect from 1 to 9 Sep 2021, to be used on 9 Sep|
|Win prizes worth up to $9,000, 19% off (no min. spend) Lazada vouchers and more||30 Aug to 9 Sep 2021|
- Vote for favourite prizes
- In-app only
|5 to 9 Sep 2021, winner to be announced on 10 Sep|
|Grand Lucky Draw|
- Shop and win over $18,000 worth of prizes from Samsung and Nintendo
|9 Sep 2021|
- Up to 50% off bundle deals with 9% deposit
|1 to 8 Sep 2021|
- Refreshed every 2 hours from 2 to 8pm
|1 to 8 Sep 2021|
|Midnight Flash Voucher|
- Released at 12am
- Voucher is valid for 12 to 2am
|9 Sep 2021|
|Storewide Flash Sale|
- Up to 90% off over 250 brands
|9 Sep 2021 (12 to 2am)|
|Hourly Chicha San Chen Giveaway|
- Limited to first 300 buyers for every hour from 9am to 9pm
|9 Sep 2021|
Shopback runs an annual event called ShopFest, which offers upsized cashback and a tonne of deals on a myriad of merchants.
If you’ve never heard of ShopBack, it’s a platform which allows users to earn up to 30% cashback every time they make an online purchase from a selection of more than 500 merchants.
It’s arguably one of the best cashback reward programs in Singapore right now as you can even stack ShopBack’s cashback on top of whatever you earn on your cashback credit cards.
What Shopback 9.9 Deals & Promotions To Look Out For
|Shopback ShopFest 9.9 Sale||Period|
|Earn extra $5 cashback from selected stores on the 1st Shopback button order||Till 10 Sep 2021|
|Shopback Money Heist|
- Complete quests and stand a chance to win $999
|9 to 11 Sep 2021|
|Upsized cashback for several brands, including Expedia, ASOS, Klook and more||9 Sep 2021|
Shopback also has an hourly store upsized cashback for its 9.9 sale!
|Time||Type||Stores Upsized Cashback|
|12am to 2am||Online||Nike: 20% (was 5%)||Lululemon: 25% (was 5%)||Uniqlo: 7% (was 2%)||Charles & Keith: 18% (was <4.5%)|
|Razer: 6% (was 1.5%)||6ixty8ight: 25% (was 4.5%)||Ivacy VPN: 100% (was 25%)||YuYu: 27% (was 4%)|
|Swarovski: <15% (was <4%)||Adidas: 10% (was 3%)||iHerb: 20% (was 3%)||Expedia: <20% (was <6%)|
|Puma: 12% (was 1.5%)||Cotton On: 10% (was 5%)|
|Vouchers||Foodpanda: <6% (was <3.5%)||TADA: <12% (was 10%)||Qoo10: <3% (was 1%)||Zalora: <17% (was 10%)|
|Gojek: <11% (was 8%)||Lazada: <2% (was 0.5%)||Shopee: <3% (was 1.5%)||Amazon.sg: <2% (was 1%)|
|Deliveroo: <3% (was 1.5%)||FairPrice: <3% (was 1%)||Redmart: <3% (was 1%)||AirAsia Grocer: <15% (was <11%)|
|WhyQ: <25% (was 21%)||Ryde: <14% (was 11%)||iTunes: <4% (was 1%)|
|10am to 12pm||Vouchers||Redmart: <3% (was 1%)||Pandamart: <6% (was <3.5%)||Fairprice: <3% (was 1%)|
|12pm to 2pm||Online||Humming: 12% (was 2.5%)||PatPat: 23% (was 2.5%)||Pazzion: 10% (was 3%)||Harvey Nichols: 20% (was <3%)|
|Lorna Jane: 15% (was 3.5%)||Sephora: <25% (was <5%)||Mr Porter: <15% (was <3%)||Shopbop: <20% (was <4%)|
|Robinsons: 10% (was 2.5%)||Crocs: 15% (was 3.5%)||Net-A-Porter: <20% (was <3%)||Pomelo: <25% (was <7%)|
|Puma: 12% (was 1.5%)||Foodpanda: <19% (was <5%)||Nespresso: <15% (was 5%)|
|Vouchers||Foodpanda: <6% (was <3.5%)||WhyQ: <26% (was 21%)||Deliveroo: <3% (was 1.5%)|
It was previously Cristiano Ronaldo, then the iconic Phua Chu Kang…
This year, Shopee is back with another legendary star for its 9.9 Sale.
Shopee is back with their 9.9 Festival with Jackie Chan this year.
(I can almost hear the teenage inside me screaming…)
What Shopee 9.9 Deals & Promotions To Look Out For
- Shop and win a Mercedes-Benz CLA Coupé
- Sitewide vouchers released at 12am and 12pm daily, vouchers are valid for use on 9 Sep
- Top 9 wishlist items, including Nintendo Switch, Dyson Digital Slim ™ Fluffy Extra Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Dyson Supersonic ™ Hair Dryer, Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max, Roborock S7 and more
- Countdown to 9.9 Super Shopping Day and grab up to $3,000 worth of vouchers and giveaways on 8 Sep, 9pm
- 30% cashback on purchases from now till 9 Sep
- Super Voucher Giveaway: Prizes announced on 8 Sep, 6pm
- Mooncake Super Deals
- $99 and under deals
- Spin and Win $999 Shopee vouchers and up to 500,000 Shopee coins
- Collect all 5 Shopee collectibles and stand a chance to win a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, $100 Shopee vouchers and more
Qoo10 is also joining the 9.9 game with its 9.9 Super Savings Sale, bringing you attractive deals and discounts across featured brands.
What Qoo10 9.9 Deals & Promotions To Look Out For
|Qoo10 9.9 Deals & Promotions||Details||Date|
|9.9 Vouchers||- $10 off min. spend $50|
- $20 off min. spend $100
- $100 off min. spend $800
|Till 9 Sep|
|9.9 Cashback||Grabpay: $12 off (min. spend $120)||28 Aug to 12 Sep 2021|
|DBS: $10 Cashback (min. spend $80)||6 to 12 Sep 2021|
|Citibank: $8 cashback (min. spend $60)||1 to 26 Sep 2021|
|Maybank: $10 off (min. spend $90)||9 Sep 2021|
|Maybank: $8 off $60 (min. spend $60)||1 to 30 Sep 2021|
|HSBC: $12 cashback (min. spend $100)||9 to 12 Sep 2021|
|Guess the price, win the prize||Win an Apple Airpods 2|
Participate on Facebook and Instagram
|1 to 10 Sep 2021|
|Spend and win a box of Kinohimitsu Essence of Chicken (worth $22.90)||Min. spend $29 on beauty products|
|1 to 10 Sep 2021|
|Midnight Savers Sale||Discounts on selected products||9 Sep 2021|
Deals, Deals, Deals
Who’s getting excited looking at these deals?!
If you’re itching for more, remember that there’s the ongoing SingapoRediscovers campaign which covers SO MANY of Singapore’s best spots, offering great deals and packages.
If you have not redeemed yours, that is.
As always, don’t forget to whip up your best credit cards to get additional savings on top of these deals!