I Got My PSLE Results, What’s Next?
I am really thankful for my parents that they weren’t so hard on me with my PSLE results. With that, I sat down and weighed my school options carefully. And they trusted my school of choice and allowed me to go ahead with it.
Without their trust and support, I wouldn’t have been able to enjoy the best years of my life in a convent.
As your child’s journey begins to unfold, we hope you walk and support your child through their decision.
With many success stories shared with the #LifeBeyondGrades campaign, it is important to know that grades shouldn’t define your child.
Here are the important dates to note:
- 22 Nov (Today): Release of results
- 22 – 28 Nov: Submission of school choices
- 19 Dec: Results of your school allocation
- 20 Dec: Report to Secondary School
Results Release – 22 Nov 2018
- Browse school choices here, you can filter by
- PSLE score,
- Subjects/electives; or
- Co-curricular activities (CCAs).
- Or you can download the Secondary Schools booklet in PDF.
Choosing Your School of Choice
Take the time to discuss together with your child their choices and preferences. Base on the availability of the subject, CCA choices or even base on convenience (like travel time)!
Submit Your School Choices – 22 to 28 Nov 2018
Due date: Wednesday, 28 Nov 2018, 3pm
Ways to submit your child’s school choices
1. 24-hour online via SI Internet System (S1-IS)
- Submit your/your child’s 6 school choices online via S1-IS.
- S1-IS will be accessible 24 hours to submit your choices from 22 Nov, 11am onwards.
2. In-person submission through their respective Primary School
- 22 Nov: 11am to 3pm
- Subsequent days: 9am to 3pm
Do confirm with your child’ school’s general office for its operating hours before heading down.
Results of Your School Allocation – 19 Dec 2018
Posting results will be released on 19 Dec, Wednesday.
You can choose to view the results:
- Via SMS; or
- Your child’s primary school.
Reporting to their Secondary School – 20 Dec 2018
Your child must report to their Secondary School at 08:30am the next day, 20 Dec, Thursday.
Things to bring:
- Student card
- PSLE results slip
- Primary school report book
I read a book on Essentialism by Greg McKeown, it shared a story of this essentialist parent who was clearly proud of their son at Harvard.
Their practice was to have him try out a lot of different things, but as soon as it became clear that an activity was not going to be his ‘big thing’, they took him out of it.
This is a really different approach to what we are used to, we are used to drillings and practices till we ‘perfect’ it.
Truth is, we are all good at something, we just got to keep finding it. With that, I’ll leave you with a popular quote.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein