The Complete List Of Money Saving Tools In Singapore 2018
The world of online shopping is again exploding in Singapore as we head beyond GSS into the year end. We decided to ask around and learn from our SG Personal Finance Community on the best money saving tools in Singapore to get the best deals
(Updated: July 2018 with the newest products in the market which you’ll find useful for sure)
We curated a complete guide you can refer to below, hope you like it!
TL;DR: Leverage The Internet’s Marketing Power (Potential % saved)
- Carousell: Best for pre-loved items on Carousell for more expensive items (potential 40%)
- ShopBack: Best for Holidays, Electronics amounting to huge cash-back! (potential 5%)
- Money Digest: Best for random deal alerts on their facebook posts (potential 1-1)
- EZBuy: Best for savings on huge shipping costs from USA or China (potential 10%)
- Entertainer: 1-1 food deals for most restaurants and cafes across Singapore (potential 20-30% yearly)
- Burpple Beyond: Enjoy 1-for-1 deals at curated restaurants, cafes and bars.
- Eatigo: Restaurant reservation with off peak discounts!
- Fave: Best for dining and beauty savings (potential 20%)
- AirFrov: Getting travelers to bring back overseas products
Further Reading: A Typical Singaporean Buyer’s Journey
In an everyday Singaporean’s life, you would most likely have to buy something online. With the advent of new technologies and mobile platforms, online companies often find ways to grow. Making it more efficient to shop is one of the benefits from this. Hence, consumers should be smarter with a full list of options to jump on and save money.
By the way, this list was completely crowd-sourced by our good friends in the Seedly Personal Finance Community, where we discuss such hacks on how we can save more and spend smarter.
An Example: Buying A SAMSUNG HD TV
- First, you go to CAROUSELL to search for potential sellers and people who may be keen to offload their second-hand TV
- If the choices are limited, you can simply head over to SHOPBACK to compare the prices from merchants like Lazada, Shopee or Courts to potentially save up to 10% cashback
- If you are still not convinced and perhaps want to buy a special edition version of the HD TV from the USA, and you land on Amazon US. Even better to get someone to bring it back to you via AirFrov!
- You input a local address that EZBUY had assigned you for free US delivery, and a cheaper shipment fee back to Singapore!
- Next, you get tired and hungry after all the online shopping and head over to FAVE SG (previously Groupon) to buy a buffet dinner at $32 (instead of $55). You can also do this via Eatigo, Entertainer or Burpple Beyond as well!
- By going through SHOPBACK to book your GRAB ride or online purchases in general, you get to get additional cash rebates
Total savings = MASSIVE 🙂
Okay, you may think that you need to be a tech expert to manoeuvre such an online shopping paradise. However, here is a real screenshot of one of our community members who earned over $570 in cash back (refer to image below).
Because We Love Our Community Of Savers For New SHOPBACK Users – Get $15 now
- Simply head to this page and sign up now!
P.S: This is not a sponsored post. We do not get anything out doing this. Simply, we are supportive of good products addressing interesting money-saving opportunities, especially in this digital age. Cheers!
Read also: 4 Apps To Help You Save On Lifestyle
Guides For Every Lifestage
Seedly understands that each phase in life requires different personal finance needs and risk appetite. With that, we compiled our articles into guides to help you out.