How Much More Are Singaporeans Paying For Starbucks Compared With The Rest Of The World?
No matter your location, as long as Starbucks is the answer to your caffeine addiction, you are in luck.
According to Statista, the number of Starbucks stores skyrocketed from a rather humble 7,225 in the year 2003 to 25,085 worldwide.
This means that your caffeine fix can easily be located around the corner worldwide, and if you are even more in luck, get it at a cheaper price.
Of course, should you quit your Starbucks habit, this is how much you can save in a year:
Singapore is known to be one of the most expensive cities in the world. Hence, when it comes to an international brand like Starbucks, we certainly do not disappoint.
Starbucks may have been slightly cheaper in Singapore than its home country, the U.S, we are not exactly the cheapest in our region.
How expensive is Starbucks in Singapore?
Valuepenguin did a comparison of the price of tall hot latte across countries.
|Country||Price of Starbucks
(Tall Hot Latte in SGD)
|United Arab Emirates||$7.64|
- Across the 40 countries in the comparison, Singapore is ranked 23rd in terms of price.
- Price of tall Starbucks latte is surprisingly quite affordable in Singapore at S$6.30 as compared to our Asia counterparts.
- Starbucks latte in Vietnam costs S$11.12, S$11.17 in Indonesia, S$10.93 in Thailand and S$9.83 just across the border in Malaysia.
- The price of Starbucks Latte remains the most affordable in the United States at $2.75, about 3 times cheaper than Singapore.
Read also: How Much Should I Save? And Should I Invest?
How many Starbucks can a Singapore household afford?
By simply looking at Starbucks price alone will be an inaccurate representation of the affordability of it.
To better compare the data, we measure it with the Average Monthly Net Salary (After Tax) of these countries to find out how many cups of Starbucks latte can each household afford.
|Country||Price of Tall Starbucks Latte|
|Average Monthly Net Salary|
|Cups of Starbucks
(Net Salary/Cost of Latte)
|United Arab Emirates||$7.64||$4,167.49||545.48|
- When it comes to which country can afford the most cups of Starbucks, Singapore stands at 13th, out of the 40 countries.
- This makes us one of the top countries in the listed Southeast Asia countries in terms of Starbucks affordability.
- An average Singaporean can enjoy 630 cups of Starbucks Latte.
Does it make sense to pay such a high price for coffee? Are there any hacks around saving money on coffee?
Let us know! Comment in the comment box below.
Guides For Every Lifestage
Seedly understands that each phase in life requires different personal finance needs and risk appetite. With that, we compiled our articles into guides to help you out.