READ ME FIRST: Your Personal Finance Journey Starts With This Article
Making smarter personal finance decisions starts here
The first step towards financial literacy is the hardest, rest assured that you are not alone.
Seedly, is here to help.
This article curates articles into a learning platform that brings you through some of the commonly asked questions in personal finance.
Topics To Learn More About:
There is always a first in everything. Here is a list of first when it comes to personal finance:
*Click me! Click me!*
Getting your first salary, what should you do?
Getting your first pay cheque is probably the best feeling ever. The feeling of not having to rely on allowances and finally making money with your own effort is out of this world.
While various individual starts off their first job at different stages, the theory behind allocating your monthly salary remains generally the same.
In this section, we list out content that can help one manage their monthly salary, budget better and get out of debt should they kick off their personal finance journey with one.
- Working Adults: How To Allocate Your Monthly Salary?
- A Comprehensive Guide: What To Do With Your First Pay?
- Hacks To Clear Your Debts Fast And Effectively
- Pay Off Your Debts: Schemes That Help You Get Out Of Debt
- 6 Steps To Repaying Your Student Loan
Tools to help you make smarter personal finance decisions:
- The Ultimate Consumer Journey Guide: Tools To Help You Choose The Best Financial Product
- Real User Reviews Platform on Financial Products
- Calculators That Take Away The Stress In Personal Finance
- Personal Finance Community To Discuss Personal Finance Questions
Choosing The Best Savings Account and Credit Cards
The most immediate thing to do upon getting your first pay cheque should be opening a savings account that gives you the best possible interest rate.
The tedious part of this process is that as banks are competing against one another, they end up with too many terms and conditions which ultimately end up confusing every normal Singaporeans.
These content can help you get rid of this problem on savings account:
- Cheat Sheet: Best Savings Accounts For Student
- Cheat Sheet: Best Savings Accounts With No Condition
- Cheat Sheet: Best Savings Accounts In Singapore For Working Adult
Tools to help you choose the best savings account:
- Real User Reviews Platform on Savings Account In Singapore
- Best Savings Account Calculator In Singapore
While getting on the right savings account can help one earn extra interest on his savings, proper use of credit cards can help one save even more!
These content can help you choose the best credit cards:
- Which should you choose? Cashback vs Miles
- Cheat Sheet: Best Credit Cards For Students
- The Ultimate Cheatsheet: Best Cashback Credit Cards For Working Adult
- Cheat Sheet: What Is The Best Miles Cards For Working Adults
- Best Credit Cards To Use Overseas
Tools to help you choose the best credit cards:
Getting your first insurance. What insurance coverage should you be getting?
There is no one-size fits all solution to getting sufficient coverage for yourself.
Hence, it is important to understand your own needs and how much are you willing to spend on coverage before getting your insurance policy.
In this section, we list out insurance guides and content that will come in handy when looking to get your first insurance.
- Working Adults: What Are The Key Insurance Policies You Should Get In Singapore?
- Working Adults: 4 Frequently Asked Insurance Questions
Content on Health Insurance
- Singaporean’s Ultimate Integrated Shield Plan Comparison, Am I On The Best Plan?
- Integrated Shield Plan Rider Comparison: How Can I Cover Myself More?
Content On Life Insurance
- The Working Adult Guide: Term Life vs Whole Life Insurance. Which Should I Get?
- Working Adults: The Ultimate Guide To Understanding Your Endowment Plan
- Should You Cancel Your Aviva MINDEF/MHA Group Insurance After Your Ord?
Making Your First Investment
To determine if you are ready to embark on your investment journey, here’s a “Should-I-Invest” checklist for you.
This section aims to help Singaporeans get started on their investment journey by providing sufficient knowledge on investing.
Investing should never be a rash decision. One should get to know his financial health and his investing mindset such as risk preference better. Below are some articles to read up while understanding your personal investing mindset.
- Working Adults: When Should I Begin Investing?
- Working Adults: Should I Pick Dividend or Growth Investing?
- Should I Invest A Small Sum Regularly Or A Big Sum At One Go?
- Age vs Risk Profile: What Investments Should You Be Holding?
- 3 Common Investment Methods: DIY vs Active vs Passive Funds
- Best Investments In Singapore That Caters To Every Risk Profile, For Short, Medium and Long-Term Investors
- Cheat Sheet: What Are The Common Investment Products In Singapore?
Now that you are ready, it is time to open that CDP account or get on a brokerage:
- CDP vs Custodian Account? Which Should I Use and Why?
- Step-by-step Guide: Opening A CDP and Stock Trading/ Brokerage Account In Singapore
- Ultimate Cheatsheet: Cheapest Stock Trading/ Brokerage House In Singapore
- Real User Reviews On Online Brokerage
Content on Singapore Savings Bond:
- Step-by-step Guide To Investing In Your First Singapore Savings Bond
- Keep Calm And Invest In Singapore Savings Bond (SSB)
Content on Fund Investing:
Content on Stocks Investing:
- A Singaporean’s Guide To Buying Stocks
- 4 Forces That Move A Stock Price
- 10 Stocks To Buy In The Next Market Crash
- Does A High P/E Ratio Mean That The Stock Market Is Overvalued?
Content on Regular Savings Plan:
Kicking off with a Regular Savings Plan helps cultivate a habit of investing and set aside a portion of your salary automatically. It is a good way to force yourself to save should you be a spendthrift by nature.
- Working Adults: Easiest Ways To Invest A Monthly Sum For Beginners
- Which Regular Savings Plan Is The Cheapest? POSB vs OCBC vs POEMS vs Maybank Kim Eng
Content on Exchange Traded Funds Investing:
- How To Choose The Right Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) To Invest In?
- STI ETF: A Simple Way To Invest In Singapore’s Top 30 Companies
Content on Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) Investing:
If you are looking to add REITs to your investment portfolio, here are some articles that can help you out.
- Working Adults: Guide to REITs Investing In Singapore
- How To Choose The Right REITs To Invest In?
- The Ultimate Review Of All The REITs In Singapore And Here’s How You Can Learn To Invest.
Alternative Investments: P2P Lending Platforms, Cryptocurrencies and Robo-Advisors
- P2P Lending Platforms Comparison
- Robo-Advisor Comparison
- A Quick Guide: Cryptocurrencies and Factors Affecting The Price
- Investing In Luxury Watches
Tools To Help You Get Started On Your Investment Journey
- Seedly’s Guide: Courses To Guide You On Your Investment Journey
- The Complete List: Investment Portfolio Tracking Apps and Platforms
Getting Your First property
For most Singaporeans, getting a property is going to be their first big-ticket purchase. While the process can be quite an experience and stressful, nothing beats a go-to place to get all the information.
- Answering Singaporean’s Question On: EC vs BTO
- A Guide To Buying Your First Property In Singapore: BTO vs EC vs Resale
- We Answer 10 Commonly Asked Questions On Getting Your First Property
Content on getting your first BTO:
Content on Housing Loan:
- Bank Loan vs HDB Loan, Which Is Better?
- The Ultimate Compilation of Housing/Mortgage Loans In Singapore
Content on Renovation:
Making Even Smarter Personal Financial Decisions On Lifestyle Choices
While it is important to invest, get insurance coverage and be on the best savings account and credit card, there is more to personal finance. Many times, it is the daily and monthly expenses that we find hacks and ways to save on that contribute to our savings even more.
Updated 10 Dec 2018
Here are some content to make better lifestyle choices:
- Ultimate Movie Ticket Price Guide
- The Ultimate Comparison: Electricity Retailer In Singapore
- Which Singapore Telco Plan Is The Best For You: Data vs Price
- Ultimate Guide: Supermarket’s Price Comparison
- Which Singapore Fibre Broadband Plan Is Best For You
- Singtel TV vs Starhub TV: Which Package Should You Get?
Tools to help you:
Become A Prodigy!
Are you game to level up to level 4 and take home a S$10 Grab Voucher?
Start leaving your mark here!